The senior Senator from Illinois admits he and his fellow Democrats like Mark Warner lied when they repeated President Obama’s lie about ‘If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.’ He goes on to say that it wasn’t their fault though. Is he throwing President Obama under the bus?? Because of course, NOTHING is ever the fault of a Democrat.
Sen. Dick Durbin said Tuesday the cancellations people might face of their coverage under Obamacare and the statement that individuals could keep their plans “should have been clarified.”
“I can tell you that a couple more sentences added to it would’ve clarified it, and they should’ve been added. The president has apologized. I think he said very clearly he was sorry if he misled people,” Durbin (D-Ill.) said on CNN’s “Legal View with Ashleigh Banfield.”
The number two Senate Democrat also acknowledged that he, in addition to President Barack Obama, told people that under the new law, if you like your plan, you can keep it.
“I said it because I believed it. Now I know that I should have added that for 98 percent of American people, that is exactly true. For the other two percent who are in the individual market, there are frequent changes in policies,” Durbin said.
When pressed about the talking points, Durbin said he “certainly wasn’t in on that decision,” but added there are ways to move forward.
As I have pointed out before, while the new health care law, the Affordable Care Act, is causing tremors in the individual market, wait until the employer mandate kicks in. So Senator Durbin is not being 100% honest here when he says:
“I said it because I believed it. Now I know that I should have added that for 98 percent of American people, that is exactly true. For the other two percent who are in the individual market, there are frequent changes in policies,”
The employer mandate affects MUCH more than 2% of the population.
- Mark Warner’s Meeting With Obama Over ObamaCare Was A Complete Sham (Video) (thealexandrianva.com)
- Flashback: Mark Warner Made Same Promise To Virginians As President Obama on Health Care (Video) (thealexandrianva.com)
- Mark Warner On Obamacare Then – You Can Keep Your Health Insurance (virginiavirtucon.wordpress.com)
- Durbin admits complicity in Obamacare lie: “If you like your plan, you can keep it” (ilchristiannews.wordpress.com)
- Mark Warner Is Afraid Of His Own Words On Obamacare (virginiavirtucon.wordpress.com)