Via WFB, NBC News suddenly finding a backbone when it comes to questioning power?
The Senate Majority Leader says that the answer to abortionists like Dr. Kermit Gosnell with dirty abortion clinics is to push for clinics that are clean and sterile. In other words, exactly what Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli and the Virginia GOP have been pushing for.
(Video via WZ)
- Board of Health approves new abortion clinic rules (wtvr.com)
- Poll Gives Cuccinelli Early Lead In Virginia Race (huffingtonpost.com)
- Virginia Board of Health approves new abortion clinic rules (wtkr.com)
Via The Right Pundit, she really believes this.
As Nial Ferguson wrote in August 2012, this claim by Mrs. Pelosi isn’t true in the least.
His much-vaunted health-care reform will not prevent spending on health programs growing from more than 5 percent of GDP today to almost 10 percent in 2037. Add the projected increase in the costs of Social Security and you are looking at a total bill of 16 percent of GDP 25 years from now. That is only slightly less than the average cost of all federal programs and activities, apart from net interest payments, over the past 40 years. Under this president’s policies, the debt is on course to approach 200 percent of GDP in 2037—a mountain of debt that is bound to reduce growth even further.
Patrick Knudsen, writing at the Foundry, notes spending drives everything in Government:
In government budgeting, spending comes first; it drives all other fiscal consequences. Spending is how government programs and agencies do what they do. “In a fundamental sense, the federal government is what it spends,” says longtime budget expert Allen Schick.
So it is with Obamacare. Its core is a pair of huge new entitlements: health insurance subsidies and expansion of Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. They will add $1.683 trillion in new spending from now through 2022, according to CBO’s latest estimate (which helpfully isolates these components in a stand-alone table).
Even after including $515 billion in associated tax hikes, the net cost increase totals nearly $1.2 trillion. The new spending is the one certainty of the President’s health care takeover; without it, Obamacare doesn’t exist.
President Obama, in a speech aimed at Mothers, claimed ObamaCare will help families.
“Because of this law there are millions of other Americans – moms and dads and daughters and sons – who no longer have to hang their fortunes on chance. Because we are not going to inflict that hardship on the American people again,” Obama said. “The United States of America does not sentence its people to suffering just because they don’t make enough to buy insurance on the private market, just because their work doesn’t provide health insurance, just because they fall sick or suffer an accident.”
The law, he said, particularly benefits women, including its provisions providing better access to mammograms and birth control, as well as new measures allowing children to remain on their parents’ health insurance up to age 26.
Grover Norquist shows President Obama left a few details out in his speech to Moms.
President Obama will deliver a Mother’s Day-pegged speech from the White House where he will trombone the supposed benefits of Obamacare for women. The President will undoubtedly forget to mention the 20 new or higher taxes in Obamacare, and the five that most hurt women:
1. Obamacare Flexible Spending Account Tax: The 30-35 million Americans who use a pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) at work to pay for their family’s basic medical needs face a new Obamacare cap of $2,500. This will squeeze $13 billion of tax money from Americans over the next ten years. (Before Obamacare, the accounts were unlimited under federal law, though employers were allowed to set a cap.) Now, a mother looking to sock away extra money to pay for braces will find herself quickly hitting this new cap, meaning she would have to pony up some or all of the cost with after-tax dollars.
Needless to say, this tax will especially impact middle class families.
Read more at this link.
- Obama Warns ‘Mistakes And Hiccups’ Coming In ObamaCare (breitbart.com)
- Norquist: Obamacare’s Tax War on Mothers. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Reid: We’re gonna need a lot more ObamaCare money to stop the train wreck (hotair.com)
- Just How Ignorant Is Obama About ObamaCare? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Dem Rep: ObamaCare will totally prevent bad marriages, or something (hotair.com)
Sadly, in Alexandria, Virginia, the Alexandria City Council talks a good game about wanting competition for cable TV but, when push comes to shove, they don’t do much about it because they’re in bed with Comcast. Verizon FIOS wanted to come to Alexandria but, the City made it very difficult for Verizon. Monopolies like the one we have in Alexandria create higher prices.
Hopefully Congress can do something about that.
Via The Hill
Consumer complaints about the rising price of cable television have caught the attention of Congress.
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) recently introduced legislation that would pressure cable and satellite TV providers to allow their customers to pick and choose the channels they pay for.
Cable companies usually require customers to purchase a tier or bundle of channels. McCain says his legislation would bring down monthly cable bills by allowing consumers to opt out of the dozens or even hundreds of channels that they don’t watch.