The same 99% of Americans that got hit worse through the recent payroll tax hike under the fiscal cliff deal than the wealthy did. As I have shown you before, it’s easy to balance the budget without raising taxes. Maybe Steny Hoyer should pay attention?
House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, D-Md., called for an income tax increase on the 99 percent of Americans whose rates did not go up under the fiscal cliff deal, a hike that he proposed alongside entitlement reforms as part of a “balanced” plan to resolve the country’s fiscal crisis.
“Closing loopholes is like getting rid of fraud, waste, and abuse — it sounds nice, until you’ve got to deal with it politically,” Hoyer said on MSNBC. “I was for the Clinton rates. I’m for the Clinton rates, today. Now, I wouldn’t phase in the Clinton rates immediately, because the economy is still trying to get back, so I would perhaps go at least another year until you get the full Clinton rates.”
The Democrats whole plan is to get more and more people dependent on Government. It wasn’t that long ago that figure was around 20%. Now it is 47% and getting larger. If it gets over 50%, the future for our kids is toast. All to feed the insatiable beast known as the federal government.
- Steny Hoyer Refuses To Say Congress Has A Spending Problem (Video) (thealexandrianva.com)
- Scarborough Takes on Hoyer over Reagan vs. Obama Debt (freebeacon.com)
- Dem Leader Calls for Tax Increase on 99 Percent of Americans (libertynews.com)
- Steny Hoyer: We don’t have a spending problem – we have a ‘paying for’ problem (michellemalkin.com)
- Updates from Congressman Steny Hoyer (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)