Yet, the government cannot find the money to keep the White House open for tours.
That is, except for the Obama’s.
Instead, the federal government continues to hire and wants to spend money on: funding studies like this one ($1.5 million) to study why lesbians are fat, send President Obama to spend quality time on his golf game with Tiger Woods, sending the First Daughter to New York, sending the First Lady around the country, and beginning preparations on yet another multimillion dollar vacation to Martha’s Vineyard. I guess the sky isn’t falling after all Mr. President?
Via White House Dossier:
Tonight’s special White House “celebration” of Memphis soul music marks the tenth time President and Mrs. Obama have been treated to an exclusive East Room “command performance” of American music featuring major stars, past and present.
While the performances are televised and celebrate the nation’s culture, some may wonder whether during an era of soaring deficits it is wise to stage what are also in effect private parties for the first couple.
And with this evening’s event, the performances are officially part of the “sequester-free zone” at the White House. As is well known, the daily White House tours did not make the cut.
For more about the concert visit this link. For those keeping track, the money for this concert could fund White House tours for fifteen (15) weeks and/or could spare some federal employees from being furloughed.
- White House Closed for Tours, Open for Celebrity Soul Concert (breitbart.com)
- White House throws concert despite sequester (woai.com)
- White House to host concert for Hollywood’s elite despite sequester budget cuts (redalertpolitics.com)
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama Should Curtail His Traveling To Help Fund The White House Tours (Video) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Sequester? What Sequester? It’s Party Time At The Obama White House… Again (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)