If they don’t want anything to do with it…Maybe this is why Congress wanted to exempt themselves from this awful law?
I wonder how many people in this report actually read the bill.
Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.
The fear: Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive.
Democratic and Republican leaders are taking the issue seriously, but first they need more specifics from the Office of Personnel Management on how the new rule should take effect — a decision that Capitol Hill sources expect by fall, at the latest. The administration has clammed up in advance of a ruling, sources on both sides of the aisle said.
If the issue isn’t resolved, and massive numbers of lawmakers and aides bolt, many on Capitol Hill fear it could lead to a brain drain just as Congress tackles a slew of weighty issues — like fights over the Tax Code and immigration reform.
The problem is far more acute in the House, where lawmakers and aides are generally younger and less wealthy. Sources said several aides have already given lawmakers notice that they’ll be leaving over concerns about Obamacare. Republican and Democratic lawmakers said the chatter about retiring now, to remain on the current health care plan, is constant.
- Price of Obamacare Could Force Lawmakers to Retire (1800politics.com)
- Obamacare? We were just leaving … (chatthat.wordpress.com)
- They Should Have Read the Bill (ncrenegade.com)
- Political Exodus Over Obamacare; Syria’s Burgeoning Death Toll; Plutus Fails Greece; DHS Stocking Up On Riot Gear; Congressional Dems Want Kibosh On IRS Probe; And More: Thursday Morning News Roundup 6-13-2013 (personalliberty.com)
- Obamacare leading to Capitol Hill Exodus! (bereansatthegate.com)